An icon will answer.
Dear KDTN Radio One,
We host. You ask. She answers.
Amnesty International USA is deeply honored to host a once-in-a-lifetime town hall event featuring Burmese freedom fighter, Nobel Laureate and Amnesty Ambassador of Conscience, Daw Aung San Suu Kyi.
Rights Generation: Daw Aung San Suu Kyi Inspires the Next will take place in front of a live audience of young activists at the Newseum in Washington, DC, on Thursday, September 20, from 11:30AM-1PM ET.
Ask Daw Suu your question about human rights and she may answer it live on stage in front of a global audience.
This is Daw Suu's first visit to the U.S. in more than 20 years, after spending years in detention and house arrest. She credits the Amnesty movement with helping to secure her release, and says hope for the future kept her going during those dark and uncertain times.
That's why she wants to hear from you, the next generation of human rights activists. Together she seeks to ignite and fuel a passion for human rights work.
"Throughout these years, you have helped us keep our small wick of self respect alight. We hope that you will be with us in the years to come…and that you will help us be the country where hope and history merges." -- Daw Aung San Suu Kyi
Be a part of this historic conversation with one of the most revered human rights leaders of our day. Click here to submit your question to Daw Aung San Suu Kyi for our live Sept. 20 event.
Amnesty International USA
P.S. Want to watch? We'll be live streaming the event online at amnestyusa.org/rightsgeneration. Mark your calendars and tune in on Thursday, Sept. 20 from 11:30AM-1PM ET!
| Inspiring the Next Generation |
When was the last time a Nobel Peace Prize winner wanted to hear from you? Don't let this opportunity to ask Daw Aung San Suu Kyi a question pass you by!
© 2012 Amnesty International USA | 5 Penn Plaza, New York, NY 10001 | 212.807.84
Friday, September 14, 2012
Amnesty Ambassador of Conscience, Daw Aung San Suu Kyi
- ► 2017 (139)
- ► 2015 (26)
- ► 2013 (45)
- With A Budget Almost Cut In Half And 40 Percent St...
- Jimi Hendrix Original "Electric Ladyland" LP Cover...
- Amnesty International's Double donations end Sunda...
- Mia Mind Music is an entertainment promotion and m...
- Apple wanted to build its Internet radio service i...
- We talked a lot about DNS but what exactly is DNS
- Internet Radio Fairness Act is better path to grow...
- Crewman dies on Johnny Depp's new movie Set of "Th...
- William Michael Dillon - Black Robes and Lawyers
- Amy Weirich Speaks at Memphis TN VECA Town Hall Me...
- What’s so Extraordinary about Microfinance?
- Yoko Gives Peace Prize to Jailed Russian Punk Rock...
- Conde Nast will not pull the new Vogue cover from ...
- Apple Internet Radio - Are They Going To Start on ...
- Is it illegal or not to download music from Intern...
- Riley Weston Revisited
- Apple’s iTunes Match (aka iMatch): The First Royal...
- Led Zeppelin Reunion
- Amnesty Ambassador of Conscience, Daw Aung San Suu...
- 16 years old from Sweden Marches up the world char...
- Apple announces new iTunes, stays mum on streaming...
- Winner of Online American-Idol Style Contest Will ...
- Clara Schumann would still be one of today's Great...
- Speaking Out against persecution of Punk Rock Band...
- Shania Gray Murdered: Franklin Davis Allegedly Kil...
- Taylor Townsend Plays Tennis
- The Return Of Lita Ford
- China's Music Scene is Growing Fast
- PopChat Free Online Dating Site Re-launched As A S...
- Online Streaming: Beyond The Radio Dial
- Amazon lands Epix film deal
- One million Apple device IDs reportedly dumped aft...
- 35 years later, Voyager 1 is heading for the stars...
- KDTN BlogTalk Radio Widget
- ▼ September (34)
- ► 2010 (35)
- ► 2009 (14)